Cast output of Tensorflow Object Detection at Desktop wallpaper Ubuntu

Viewed 146

I am trying to setup My Ubuntu Desktop wallpaper that accepts a Live video feed from webcam using opencv and after performing some object detection I accept it as Opencv feed where I am able to Display it using cv2.imshow.

But instead of Using Imshow is it possible to cast the output of object detection as ubuntu desktop live Wallpaper.

I am even able to setup live video from youtube as Ubuntu live wallpaper using cvlc but unable to understand how to do that from opencv output.

2 Answers

You might have to go with a lot of trouble as looks like its never been implemented but you can try implementing by one of the following ways :

  1. Try saving the frames and consciously deleting the old frame at a same time changing background from os call.
  2. if you are able to make cvlc run You can try running it by cv::VideoWriter or Streaming video to localhost and then using similar YouTube approach you were doing.
  3. You can Try using Streamlink/MPV/Xwinwrap fork.

You can save the desired results using cv2.imwrite() and then try the methods described here and here

Related