How to fix fastlane-plugin-firebase_app_distribution undefined

Viewed 8343

I'm trying to setup CI-CD for firebase app distribution on my local system.

fastlane-plugin-firebase_app_distribution plugin can't be found.

Error loading plugin 'fastlane-plugin-firebase_app_distribution': cannot load such file -- fastlane/plugin/firebase_app_distribution
+-------------------------------------------+-----------+------------------+
|                               Used plugins                               |
+-------------------------------------------+-----------+------------------+
| Plugin                                    | Version   | Action           |
+-------------------------------------------+-----------+------------------+
| fastlane-plugin-firebase_app_distribution | undefined | No actions found |
+-------------------------------------------+-----------+------------------+

What should I do?

5 Answers

Looks like some kind of file permission issue under Catalina, so chmod might help. But you can also install fastlane-plugin-firebase_app_distribution in gem's USER INSTALLATION DIRECTORY (gem env will tell you where it is).

Uninstall the gem from the default dir:

sudo gem uninstall fastlane-plugin-firebase_app_distribution

Install in user dir:

gem install fastlane-plugin-firebase_app_distribution --user-install

Thank you @Balaz.

Try this. I think this will solve the issue.

sudo chmod -R a+r /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/fastlane-plugin-firebase_app_distribution-0.1.4

I had the same issue.

For me simply updating the Fastlane and then updating the plugins worked

bundle update fastlane
fastlane update_plugins

Probably, Fastlane is not up to date. Might need to check fastlane version and update it

bundle update fastlane
Related