I am trying to write a basic program using Vulkan, but I keep getting a runtime error.
Exception thrown at 0x00007FFDC27A8DBE (vulkan-1.dll) in VulkanTest.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x0000000000000000.
This seems to be a relatively common issue, resulting from a failure to initialize the arguments of the vkCreateInstance function. I have tried all of the solutions I found proposed to others, even initializing things I am fairly certain I don't need to, and I still haven't been able to solve the problem. The program is written in C using the MSVC compiler.
#include "stdio.h"
#include "SDL.h"
#include "vulkan\vulkan.h"
#include "System.h"
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
//Initialize SDL
if (SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_EVERYTHING) < 0)
{
printf("Error");
}
printf("Success");
//Initialize Vulkan
VkInstance VulkanInstance;
VkApplicationInfo VulkanApplicationInfo;
VulkanApplicationInfo.sType = VK_STRUCTURE_TYPE_APPLICATION_INFO;
VulkanApplicationInfo.pNext = 0;
VulkanApplicationInfo.pApplicationName = "VulkanTest";
VulkanApplicationInfo.applicationVersion = VK_MAKE_VERSION(1, 0, 0);
VulkanApplicationInfo.pEngineName = "VulkanTest";
VulkanApplicationInfo.engineVersion = VK_MAKE_VERSION(1, 0, 0);
VulkanApplicationInfo.apiVersion = VK_API_VERSION_1_0;
VkInstanceCreateInfo VulkanCreateInfo = {0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0};
VulkanCreateInfo.sType = VK_STRUCTURE_TYPE_INSTANCE_CREATE_INFO;
VulkanCreateInfo.pNext = 0;
VulkanCreateInfo.pApplicationInfo = &VulkanApplicationInfo;
VulkanCreateInfo.enabledLayerCount = 1;
VulkanCreateInfo.ppEnabledLayerNames = "VK_LAYER_KHRONOS_validation";
vkEnumerateInstanceExtensionProperties(0, VulkanCreateInfo.enabledExtensionCount,
VulkanCreateInfo.ppEnabledExtensionNames);
//Create Vulkan Instance
if(vkCreateInstance(&VulkanCreateInfo, 0, &VulkanInstance) != VK_SUCCESS)
{
printf("Vulkan instance was not created");
}
//Create SDL Window
SDL_Window* window;
window = SDL_CreateWindow("VulkanTest", SDL_WINDOWPOS_CENTERED, SDL_WINDOWPOS_CENTERED, 0, 0, SDL_WINDOW_VULKAN || SDL_WINDOW_FULLSCREEN_DESKTOP);
SDL_Delay(10000);
return 0;
}