Eclipse Configuration - Is it possible to show method parameter name dynamically?

Viewed 421

[Initial post] : I am new to Java, and decided to use Eclipse IDE for a start.

By looking a tutorial on youtube, I found that the tutorial IDE showed the parameters' name directly in the editor as in the picture below. I have however no idea what the IDE used is (just that it is not Eclipse).

I was wondering if it was possible to achieve the same result in Eclipse. I tried to tune parameters in Windows>Preferences with no results.

( Array was a class created during the tutorial and .insert is a method of this class )

Results Expected - parameter in method

For relative same topics there is this question, it is more about the helping pop-up : Is it possible to show the annotations of method parameters in Eclipse?

[edit] : I think I found what parameter is allowing this : Windows>Preferences>Java>Editor>Code Minings> EnableCodeMinings>uncheck Only if there is at least one result.

It do works for one of my custom type class:

public class noeud_custom {
    private double x; 
    private double y ; 
    public noeud_custom() {
        this.x = 0; 
        this.y = 0; 
        }
    public noeud_custom(double x, double y) {
        this.x = x; 
        this.y = y; 
    }; 
    public void print() {
        System.out.println("x:" + x); 
        System.out.println("y:" + y); 
    }
    public void set(double x, double y) {
        this.x = x; 
        this.y = y; 
    }
    public double get_x() {
    return this.x; 
    }
    public double get_y() {
    return this.y; 
    }
    public noeud_custom equal(noeud_custom noeud) {     
    return noeud;       
}
// ----------Result (in editor) : --------------
public class main {
    public static void main(String[] args) {
        noeud_custom testnode= new noeud_custom(5,2); 
        testnode.set(x: 5,y: 10);  // OK, it works there !

   // for my other custom class: 
     LinkedList list = new LinkedList(); 
     list.addLast(10);  // NOK, it doesnt works there... ( ps : the code is running well)
    }
}

However my other classes does not achieve the same behavior, is there another parameter to tune ?

0 Answers
Related