How to get dynamic height for UITextView in SwiftUI

Viewed 2821

I'm getting really close to implementing dynamic height for a UITextView in SwiftUI. Please help me work out these kinks:

  1. The UITextView has the correct height when it appears but does not adjust height as editing is being performed; I would like it to adjust.
  2. I'm receiving this in the console every time I edit the text in the TextView: [SwiftUI] Modifying state during view update, this will cause undefined behavior.

Here's my code:

ItemEditView

TextView(text: $notes, textViewHeight: $textViewHeight)
    .frame(height: self.textViewHeight)

UITextView

import SwiftUI

struct TextView: UIViewRepresentable {
    @Binding var text: String
    @Binding var textViewHeight: CGFloat

    func makeUIView(context: Context) -> UITextView {
        let textView = UITextView()
        textView.delegate = context.coordinator
        textView.font = .systemFont(ofSize: 17)
        textView.backgroundColor = .clear

        return textView
    }

    func updateUIView(_ textView: UITextView, context: Context) {
        textView.text = text
    }

    class Coordinator: NSObject, UITextViewDelegate {
        var control: TextView

        init(_ control: TextView) {
            self.control = control
        }

        func textViewDidChange(_ textView: UITextView) {
            control.text = textView.text
        }
    }

    func makeCoordinator() -> TextView.Coordinator {
        Coordinator(self)
    }
}

Similar questions have been asked, but none of the solutions worked for me.

0 Answers
Related