I'm trying to send a PUT request with a body to my API in my Android app with Java. I'm using the java.net HttpURLConnection and the request gets through. But without the body.
I refactored my code over and over again but it still does not work, at the moment I have following Task:
@Override
protected String doInBackground(String... urls) {
String result = "";
URL url;
HttpURLConnection urlConnection = null;
JSONObject body = new JSONObject();
try {
body.put("title", title);
body.put("content", content);
try {
url = new URL(urls[0]);
urlConnection = (HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection();
urlConnection.setRequestMethod("PUT");
urlConnection.addRequestProperty("username", username);
urlConnection.addRequestProperty("password", password);
urlConnection.addRequestProperty("Content-Type", "application/json; utf-8");
urlConnection.addRequestProperty("Accept", "application/json");
urlConnection.setDoOutput(true);
try(OutputStream os = urlConnection.getOutputStream()){
byte[] input = body.toString().getBytes("utf-8");
os.write(input, 0, input.length);
}
InputStream in = urlConnection.getInputStream();
InputStreamReader reader = new InputStreamReader(in);
int data = reader.read();
while (data != -1){
char current = (char) data;
result += current;
data += current;
data = reader.read();
}
return result;
}catch (Exception e){
e.printStackTrace();
return null;
}
} catch (JSONException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
return null;
}
}
But this code leads always to an empty body.
EDIT
When changing content type to application/x-www-form-urlencoded the server gets the body. But this way I don't get a JSON file for further processing it.