Hi StackOverflow community,
I need your help for a CSS problem. For one of my project I need to design a pure CSS time interval viewer. As a picture is always better than a long text, you can see just below the result of my work :
But instead of place the start/end time into the time interval, I would like to place the start time just above the top/left and the end time just below the bottom/right. I would like to have a result like this
Here's the HTML:
<ul class="day-timeline">
<li class="time-interval" style="left:4%; width:46%">
<label class="time start-time">01:00</label>
<label class="time end-time">12:00</label>
</li>
<li class="time-interval" style="left:58%; width:17%">
<label class="time start-time">14:00</label>
<label class="time end-time">18:00</label>
</li>
</ul>
<ul class="day-timeline day-timeline-closed">
<li class="time-interval closed">
<label class="time">Closed</label>
</li>
</ul>
Here's the CSS:
* {
box-sizing: border-box;
}
ul.day-timeline {
padding: 0;
border-left: 1px solid black;
border-right: 1px solid black;
height: 20px;
overflow: hidden;
position: relative;
&:after {
content: '';
width: 100%;
height: 1px;
background: black;
display: block;
position: relative;
top: 10px;
}
li {
display: block;
position: absolute;
background-color: #bed4a7;
border: 1px solid green;
z-index: 1;
padding-left: 5px;
border-radius: 3px;
height: 100%;
font-weight: bold;
width: 100%;
&.closed {
background-color: lightgray;
border: 1px solid black;
label {
color :black;
}
}
label {
font-size: 0.75rem;
color: green;
&.start-time {
position: absolute;
top:-10px;
left:0;
}
}
label + label {
&:before {
content: '-';
padding: 0 0.25rem;
}
}
}
}
ul.day-timeline-closed {
border: none;
}
You can see it live here : https://codepen.io/zannkukai/pen/XWbYXjG.
Despite a lot of tries, I never get a correct result :'( Is a CSS-guru is able to help me to solve my problem. I think the problem are in the label positioning. But is I used a position:absolute; top:-10px the label scope is outside of the parent and it isn't displayed :'(
label {
font-size: 0.75rem;
color: green;
&.start-time {
position: absolute;
top:-10px;
left:0;
}
}
Many thanks

