Pushing local docker image to openshift online

Viewed 70

I have a spring boot application running locally on docker on my machine.

The image name is springio/spring-rest-hello-world and the tag is latest. I want to push this to openshift online and get it running.

I think to do that the easiest way is to push the image up (correct me if I'm wrong).

Here is my attempt.

oc login https://console-openshift-console.apps.us-east-1.starter.openshift-online.com:6443

oc project playpen

docker login -u myUser -p myToken default-route-openshift-image-registry.apps.us-east-1.starter.openshift-online.com

docker tag springio/spring-rest-hello-world default-route-openshift-image-registry.apps.us-east-1.starter.openshift-online.com:5000/springio/spring-rest-hello-world

docker push default-route-openshift-image-registry.apps.us-east-1.starter.openshift-online.com:5000/springio/spring-rest-hello-world

With the error being...

Get https://default-route-openshift-image-registry.apps.us-east-1.starter.openshift-online.com:5000/v2/: net/http: request canceled while waiting for connection (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers

I am a newb at this stuff so I am pretty sure I have something wrong. Appreciate it if someone could give me a hand with the steps required.

thanks

1 Answers

Thanks to the comment provided. No need to include the docker port when tagging the image.

I also needed to tag the image with the ocp project name included in the tag.

docker tag springio/spring-rest-hello-world default-route-openshift-image-registry.apps.us-east-1.starter.openshift-online.com/playpen/spring-rest-hello-world:latest

Related