I previously got some help on here for some jq to csv issues. I ran into an issue where a few json files had some extra values that breaks the jq command
Here is the json data. The repairs section is what breaks the jq command
[
{
"Name": "John Doe",
"Car": [
"Car1",
"Car2"
],
"Location": "Texas",
"Repairs: {
"RepairLocations": {
"RepairsCompleted":[
"Fix1",
"Fix2"
]
}
}
},
{
"Name": "Jane Roe",
"Car": "Car1",
"Location": [
"Illinois",
"Kansas"
]
}
]
Here is the command
def expand($keys):
. as $in
| reduce $keys[] as $k ( [{}];
map(. + {
($k): ($in[$k] | if type == "array" then .[] else . end)
})
) | .[];
(.[0] | keys_unsorted) as $h
| $h, (.[] | expand($h) | [.[$h[]]]) | @csv
This is the end result i am trying to get. This data isnt actual data.
Name,Car,Location,Repairs:RepairLocation
John Doe,Car1,Texas,RepairsCompleted:Fix1
John Doe,Car1,Texas,RepairsCompleted:Fix2
John Doe,Car2,Texas,RepairsCompleted:Fix1
John Doe,Car2,Texas,RepairsCompleted:Fix2
Jane Roe,Car1,Illinois,
Jane Roe,Car1,Kansas,
Any advice on this would be great. I am struggling to figure jq out