Map/graph not appearing when training on darknet?

Viewed 3900

I am currently training on Darknet YOLO using AlexeyAB's version for linux on the master branch (https://github.com/AlexeyAB/darknet) and the map/graph does not appear in a second, separate window.

My makefile is original except that I changed GPU = 1. I configured my .cfg, .data, .names and weights files and I am able to successfully train on 2000 iterations, however, the map/graph does not appear when I begin training and as a result, I have to take screenshots of my terminal every now-and-then to make sure training is going well.

Here is the command I use to train:

$ ./darknet detector train data/obj.data yolo-obj.cfg darknet53.conv.74

I have tried adding the -map flag to the end as so:

$ ./darknet detector train data/obj.data yolo-obj.cfg darknet53.conv.74 -map

but it still does not appear. Am I missing something in my command or in my config?

Thank you in advance!

2 Answers

In yolov4 you can view the training graph by adding the argument -mjpeg_port 8040 (assign your port). Using your default browser, you can now view a static graph on using your http://ipaddress:8040.

The chart should appear after the first 1000 iterations. However, this may not be the case if you set you max_batches > 10000. This is because the weights are no longer saved at the 1000 iteration intervals. Please double check your max_batches setting and also try waiting for 1000 iterations.

Related