LLDB: How to write into AArch64 vector registers

Viewed 232

I am currently using lldb-3.9 on a Raspberry Pi Model 3B, and I am trying to write values into the V-registers in AArch64, but I am having problems with it. Using register read v0, I'm able to get a result v0 = {0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f.

However, when I try to use the exact string to write back into v0 using register write v0 "{0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f}", I received an error message "error: Failed to write register 'v0' with value "{0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f 0x2f}"

I have also attached an image depicting the problems I am facing. enter image description here

I have used the same method for x86_64 XMM register and it works, but I am puzzled as this does not work for the V-registers in AArch64. This is the related StackOverflow that I have posted regarding the XMM registers. How to write into XMM Registers in LLDB .

I would really like to know how I am able to write into the V-registers in AArch64, and possibly a way using the LLDB Python API as well, as im currently using the SetValueFromCString() function for setting the values for vector registers.

0 Answers
Related