Can I use Jest expectations (https://jestjs.io/docs/en/expect) over the Detox ones? Could you please tell me how to do it, if it's possible? I have Jest runner installed
Can I use Jest expectations (https://jestjs.io/docs/en/expect) over the Detox ones? Could you please tell me how to do it, if it's possible? I have Jest runner installed
Not possible. Detox expectations are run in the application, rather than the Detox node process.
This is often a hint for applying bad practices, and is generally discouraged. As a rule of thumb, at E2E (UI testing) level, assertions should be done at UI-level.
For example, it is common practice to create a custom in-app test screen that renders the current state of what you're expecting the app be in. Then, the assertion can generally be implemented as a 2-step process:
a. The navigation to that screen test screen, followed by -
b. A node-side expectation using Detox' by.text() & toBeVisible() matching API.