How to edit tooltip opacity in vscode? (how to change the intellisense suggestions transparency)

Viewed 747

I am a beginner in vscode. When I write code the tooltip annoys me, because I use divided screen in macOS so I want to make the tooltips semi-transparent without press ctrl like this image:

Description

3 Answers

Try this colorCustomization in your settings:

"workbench.colorCustomizations": {

  "editorSuggestWidget.background": "#ff000060"
}

The last two digits, in this case 60 are opacity. There a few more editorSuggestWidget options to change too.

Unfortunately, that's a visual studio feature not yet available in visual studio code.

At present, the only option is to disable the pop-up altogether, in which case you don't get the hinting, which is not ideal.

There are a lot of threads on GitHub about the position and opacity of the tool tip (search terms like 'tooltip intellisense position' you'll find a bunch). You can add your voice there.

Related