Run annotation processor before every method invocation in a service

Viewed 137

I am building a service with RestAPI's. I want to put a custom annotation as mentioned below.

@CustomAnnnotation
public APIResponse apiMethod(APIRequest request) {

}

Functionality of this custom annotation :

Whenever there is a request to this apiMethod, before the execution of this method , i want to call an API in different server with some of the request parameters from this function. Example mentioned below. Basically for every method invocation i want to call a different server.

Instead of doing this

public APIResponse apiMethod(APIRequest request) {
    newServiceClient.newAPI(request.getName())
}

I want to do this functionality by using a custom annotation. I know that i can use interceptors to intercept this request and call the API. Is there any other way ?

Edit :

To summarise this question. There is a method(This might not be API start point. It can also be a normal method in your application) in my java code. Whenever i annotate this method, for every invocation of this method in application, i want do some functionality. I want to have this in annotation because i am thinking of providing a library for this annotation so that any function can be annotated

0 Answers
Related