how to install pecl on ubuntu 18.04

Viewed 2873

I am using ubuntu 18.04 docker image. and install

apt install php

and i want to install xdebug but there is no pecl. how to install pecl?

2 Answers

I installed pecl on ubuntu 20.04 using apt install php-dev (php7.4). this may be useful.

I don't know much about docker. Here are my notes for installing XDebug on Ubuntu 18.04 (in HyperV VM) for PhpStorm. There may be some mistakes but this worked for me.

apt install php-xdebug

##### Ubuntu Server #####
mkdir -p /var/log/xdebug
touch /var/log/xdebug/xdebug.log
chown -R www-data:www-data /var/log/xdebug

nano /etc/php/7.2/mods-available/xdebug.ini
################################################################################################################################################################################################################
# The default value for zend_extension is enough. But if you want to change, go to /usr/lib/php/ and find latest folder with xdebug.so (in my case '20180731') and make full path to provide in zend_extension #
################################################################################################################################################################################################################
xdebug.default_enable = 1
xdebug.remote_enable = 1
xdebug.remote_port = 9000
xdebug.remote_connect_back = 1
xdebug.idekey = PHPSTORM
xdebug.remote_log = /var/log/xdebug/xdebug.log
;zend_extension=/usr/lib/php/20180731/xdebug.so
;xdebug.remote_host = 127.0.0.1
;xdebug.remote_autostart = 1
;xdebug.remote_handler = dbgp
;xdebug.remote_mode = req

systemctl restart apache2
Related