Hey I have a div which is wrapped by a Link component, and inside that div I have more buttons, but the problem is, when I click on the inner smaller buttons, I actually click on the Link component as well, so I get redirected which is not what I want... How do I fix this?
it seems as though both the link and the button get clicked but if i am intending to click the button only i want to avoid the parent link.
What I mean is, the Link is used to navigate to some URL when you click on it. Putting elements inside that for other tasks. like a blog post, you click on the parent it will redirect you, but on the child the button will allow you to delete it
was coding this in nodejs react so i was using onClick events
example
<Link to="/blog-post">
<div className="link-post-container">
...blog
<button className='deleteButton'></button>
</div>
</Link>
I have tried event.stopPropagation on the button but it still doesn't seem to do anything. Is it because the Link is an href instead of a onClick?
SOLUTION
so using some of the possible solutions below i started messing around and noticed by in the onClick of the deleteButton, if i add the following in, it works:
event.preventDefault()
with this, the redirect because of the href does not occur anymore and only the button click event will take place