additional .htaccess in subfolder | mod_rewrite for query parameter

Viewed 122

I have a little mod_rewrite problem and really need some help.

I need to have a second .htaccess file in a subfolder for a project on my domain.

The URL to the project is like:

https://example.com/project-name/

Now I have a query parameter for which I want to create a nice URL with mod_rewrite.

The URL including the parameter looks like this:

https://example.com/project-name/index.php?preset=nameofapreset

And I want it to be:

https://example.com/project-name/nameofapreset

The important thing: The mod_rewrite has to work for the current folder only. Without having any info about the current path, cause I need to use the file in other folders, too.

That's what I thought should work (cause I am using a similar rewrite rule in another project):

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^([a-z])/?$ index.php?preset=$1

But it doesn't. And all my trials fail.

Any ideas how I can make it work?

Thanks!

1 Answers

You can use this rule in /project-name/.htaccess:

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^([\w-]+)/?$ index.php?preset=$1 [L,QSA]
Related