SSH error in VS Code: Permission denied, please try again

Viewed 9409

I want to access a remote VM with Remote-SSH extension of the VS Code editor from a Windows 10 machine. But I don't seem to succeed as VS Code is keeping prompting me to enter the password and deny the access each time. The VM runs on a Ubuntu 18.04 LTS OS.

stderr> Permission denied, please try again.

enter image description here

I generated an ssh key for authentication and that's how I am able to access the VM from the command line with an ssh client.

Am I doing something wrong? Is the password supposed to be something else other than the account password? Is this maybe a bug in VS Code?

2 Answers

I have the same problem in VS Code Source Control, and there is no prompt to enter the ssh password. I executed the ssh-keygen -f <ssh-key> -p command to remove the ssh password and it can be used normally.

This is a temporary solution, I hope it can help you.

Related