Probably a very simple question but I have not been able to figure it out.
I have a ScrollPane (feat. Label) inside a VBox, inside a SplitPane:
(Full fxml file at the bottom)
When you expand the window or the split pane seperator horizontally, the Vbox automatically stretches to fit, the label re-centers appropriatelly, and the scroll pane expands to fit the vbox. This does not happen when epxanding vertically, and I would like it to. How can I achieve that? If there is a different container I should be using instead, please do tell.
Gif of my troubles if it helps:
Full fxml file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?import javafx.scene.control.*?>
<?import javafx.scene.layout.*?>
<?import javafx.scene.text.*?>
<AnchorPane prefHeight="600.0" prefWidth="800.0" xmlns="http://javafx.com/javafx/10.0.2-internal" xmlns:fx="http://javafx.com/fxml/1" fx:controller="main.java.ui.DefaultLayoutController">
<children>
<BorderPane prefHeight="600.0" prefWidth="800.0" AnchorPane.bottomAnchor="0.0" AnchorPane.leftAnchor="0.0" AnchorPane.rightAnchor="0.0" AnchorPane.topAnchor="0.0">
<top>
<MenuBar BorderPane.alignment="CENTER">
<menus>
<Menu mnemonicParsing="false" text="File">
<items>
<MenuItem mnemonicParsing="false" text="Close" />
</items>
</Menu>
<Menu mnemonicParsing="false" text="Edit">
<items>
<MenuItem mnemonicParsing="false" text="Delete" />
</items>
</Menu>
<Menu mnemonicParsing="false" text="Help">
<items>
<MenuItem mnemonicParsing="false" text="About" />
</items>
</Menu>
</menus>
</MenuBar>
</top>
<center>
<SplitPane dividerPositions="0.5" prefHeight="160.0" prefWidth="200.0" BorderPane.alignment="CENTER">
<items>
<AnchorPane minHeight="0.0" minWidth="0.0" prefHeight="160.0" prefWidth="100.0">
<children>
<VBox prefHeight="573.0" prefWidth="306.0" style="-fx-background-color: #ccbfb1;" AnchorPane.bottomAnchor="0.0" AnchorPane.leftAnchor="0.0" AnchorPane.rightAnchor="0.0" AnchorPane.topAnchor="0.0">
<children>
<Label alignment="CENTER" maxWidth="Infinity" prefHeight="61.0" prefWidth="260.0" style="-fx-alignment: center; -fx-background-color: #e6d7c8;" text="Text" textAlignment="CENTER">
<font>
<Font name="AdobeDevanagari-Regular" size="51.0" />
</font>
</Label>
<ScrollPane fx:id="mainScrollPane" prefHeight="559.0" prefWidth="453.0">
<content>
<AnchorPane minHeight="0.0" minWidth="0.0" prefHeight="200.0" prefWidth="200.0" />
</content>
</ScrollPane>
</children>
</VBox>
</children>
</AnchorPane>
<AnchorPane minHeight="0.0" minWidth="0.0" prefHeight="573.0" prefWidth="364.0">
<children>
<VBox prefHeight="573.0" prefWidth="396.0" style="-fx-background-color: #e6c896;" AnchorPane.bottomAnchor="0.0" AnchorPane.leftAnchor="0.0" AnchorPane.rightAnchor="0.0" AnchorPane.topAnchor="0.0" />
</children>
</AnchorPane>
</items>
</SplitPane>
</center></BorderPane>
</children>
</AnchorPane>
