ImproperlyConfigured: SQLite 3.8.3 or later is required (found 3.7.17)

Viewed 3532

I built an website in Django & went to go upload it to aws using zappa following this tutorial.

 

I am running a virtual environment using python3.8.1.

 

When I deploy using Zappa I get this error: Error: Warning! Status check on the deployed lambda failed. A GET request to '/' yielded a 502 response code.

Checking the logs using zappa tail I get this: ImproperlyConfigured: SQLite 3.8.3 or later is required (found 3.7.17).

 

When I check the sqlite3 version I get this:

(env)$ python
Python 3.8.1 (default, Dec 27 2019, 18:06:00)
>>> import sqlite3
>>> sqlite3.sqlite_version`
'3.31.1'

When I check for just sqlite (just to be sure) I get this:

>>> import sqlite
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'sqlite'

When I check the Django version I get this:

>>> django.VERSION
(3, 0, 4, 'final', 0)

I tried to use these resources to solve it but couldn't get anywhere (I think because I am new & confused):

How to upgrade sqlite 3.8.2 to >= 3.8.3

How to upgrade sqlite3 version in Python from 3.7.17 to > 3.8

Using SQLite3 with Django 2.2 and Python 3.6.7 on Centos7

 

I also came across this but it didn't really provide much of a solution unless downgrading is the only/correct solution:

https://www.reddit.com/r/djangolearning/comments/d3p8nb/sqlite_383_or_later_is_required_found_382/

Also I am using a Mac if that matters. It seems a lot of people with this error are using Ubuntu 14.04.

 

I came across this & also didn't get anywhere. I followed this link in that post & when I check the sqlite3 --version I got back:

3.28.0 2019-04-15 14:49:49 378230ae7f4b721c8b8d83c8ceb891449685cd23b1702a57841f1be40b5daapl

So it seems sqlite3 on my Mac is up to date but is not working in Django for some reason?

Thank you for any help.

1 Answers
Related