How to unlock ActiveMQ Artemis broker

Viewed 761

I did something to lock my ActiveMQ Artemis 2.8.1 broker. I needed to run > ./artemis data exp to get data on my queue setup. It failed to run, giving an error saying that the broker was locked: /var/lib/[broker]/lock

So I stopped the broker and ran the data exp successfully, but now when I try to start the broker I get the same error, and I don't know how to stop whatever was started by data exp.

Error: There is another process using the server at /var/lib/broker1/lock.  Cannot start the process!*

So how do I unlock the broker in this situation? I've tried using systemctl to restart Artemis all together, but that didn't do anything. And the Artemis tab is missing entirely from Console.

1 Answers

You should be able to simply remove the lock file at /var/lib/broker1/lock and then start the broker again.

Related