LibreOffice Calc: Formula does not recalculate

Viewed 1686

I created a new spreadsheet with LibreOffice 6.4 and noticed that formulas do not execute (and recalculate). So, when I write =1+1 or =A1+A2 (with values in those cells), nothing happens. Likewise, when I copy and paste formulas from older spreadsheets, nothing happens either.

I have found some advice in various forums that point to Tools->Options and LibreOffice->Preferences (since I have a Mac). One source tells me that auto-recalculation is disabled for reasons of backward compatibility with Excel (what I do not understand as I just created a new file).

I have enabled 'Always recalculate' for both options in LibreOffice->Preferences (Option LibreCalc->Formula):

Option to always recalculate

Nothing in the 'Calculate' Option tab seems to indicate anything in this direction.

This seems not to change anything. What am I missing?

How can I make sure that everything always recalculates and always executes all my formulas?

Thanks!

2 Answers

Try this:

Select your range ; hit CTRL+H ; Found = ^. ; Replace = & ; check "regular expressions" box below ; "replace all" button;

It works better if you create a new empty spreadsheet and then paste your data.

What worked today under Windows only: Re-create the formula in a new column. After it works correctly, Copy or Move the new cell into the old position, overwriting everything in the cell that was not calculating.

Related