While installing openstack on Ubuntu 18.04, I am stuck at error: cannot uninstall 'simplejson'

Viewed 5960

I am trying to install openstack (single node) on machine with Ubuntu 18.04, I did following steps: update and upgrade ubuntu, installed git, cloned devstack then after running stack.sh, I am stuck at "Error: Cannot uninstall 'simplejson'. It is a distutils installed project and thus we cannot accurately determine which files belong to it which would lead to only a partial uninstall. " I tried "Force=yes ./stack.sh" but no help, also "sudo apt-get remove simplejson" but it cannot find package, also "pip uninstall simplejson" but does same error "It is a distutils installed project and thus we ..."

Please Help.

3 Answers

The problem is with the pip install command. Make the following change to the devstack code:

  1. Navigate to the devstack folder.
  2. Edit the inc/python file
  3. Change line 198:

    from: $cmd_pip $upgrade $install_test_reqs \

    to: $cmd_pip $upgrade $install_test_reqs --ignore-installed \

meh. only way to get rid of it is: sudo apt purge python3-simplejson

then rerun ./stack.sh

18.04.4 BB

The answer above from edureka is no longer valid.

In the newer versions, the 'devstack/inc/python' file has changed.

The line that needs to be changed is found within the pip_install function. At line no 192

CHANGE FROM

$cmd_pip $upgrade \

TO

$cmd_pip $upgrade --ignore-installed \
Related