I want to play videos in a loop. For some reason I don't want change video src on ended event. So I created video elements for each video in a loop. Also I have video src and durations in array.
here is my idea: Only current playing video tag can be visible. Others will be hided. Instead of using ended event, I want to use setTimeout function. Video's duration will be delay parameter.
But they all play together. I couldn't make them play in order.
Here is what I done so far:
videoArray = [
{"video":video1.mp4, "duration": 5},
{"video":video2.mp4, "duration": 7},
{"video":video3.mp4, "duration": 9},
{"video":video4.mp4, "duration": 10},
]
for (var j = 0; j < videoArray.length; j++){
var video = document.createElement("video");
video.src=videoArray[j];
video.id="video-"+j;
video.preload = "metadata";
video.type="video/mp4";
video.autoplay = true;
video.style.display="none";
document.body.appendChild(video);
}
for (var count = 0; count < videoArray.length; count++) {
(function(num){
setTimeout(function() {
videoArray[num].video.style.display="block";
videoArray[num].video.play();
}, 1000 * videoArray[num].duration);
videoArray[num].video.style.display="none";
})(count);
}