VS Code : Sign In Error :You appear to be offline. Please check your network connection

Viewed 2203

In VS Code when i try to run the below command for sign in

enter image description here

I get below error message and it is not able to login

enter image description here

3 Answers

I had the same issue due to working behind a company proxy. I could solve it by writing the http proxy in the settings (instead of leaving it empty and inheriting from environment variables).

I had the same issue - the problem was that my VS code was still remotely connected to my office server via SSH. I killed that connection ("close remote connection") and it allowed me to sign in.

Same exact issue for me, caused (most likely) by my company's proxy blocking the sign-in request. What fixed it was:

  1. closing Visual Studio Code (previously opened through code . in WSL in my case);
  2. opening Visual Studio Code again directly in Windows;
  3. Login to Azure (then finally the browser opened with the login page and I could get in)

Of course your log-in will be saved also when you close VSCode in windows and reopen in WSL.

Related