In order to make my ValidatingWebhookConfiguration works, I have to do a bunch of openssl commands, and then I copy paste (or sed) the certificate authority in my deploy.yaml file where my webhook is defined. But this is not really clean. I know I can put my CA in a Secret, but how can I assess this secret in the ValidatingWebhookConfiguration please ?
apiVersion: admissionregistration.k8s.io/v1beta1
kind: ValidatingWebhookConfiguration
metadata:
name: webhook-test
webhooks:
- name: my.webhook.frick
failurePolicy: Fail
clientConfig:
caBundle: CA_BUNDLE_THAT_I_HAVE_TO_PASTE_BY_HAND
service:
name: validating-svc
namespace: default
path: /services/validate
rules:
...
All the openssl commands :
openssl genrsa -out certs/ca.key 2048;
openssl req -new -x509 -key certs/ca.key -out certs/ca.crt -config certs/ca_config.txt
openssl genrsa -out certs/chris.pem 2048;
openssl req -new -key certs/chris.pem -subj "/CN=validating-svc.default.svc" -out certs/chris.csr -config certs/chris_config.txt;
openssl x509 -req -in certs/chris.csr -CA certs/ca.crt -CAkey certs/ca.key -CAcreateserial -out certs/chris-crt.pem;
export CA_BUNDLE=$(cat certs/ca.crt | base64 | tr -d '\n'); # Copy paste in deploy.yaml
The goal in the long run is to package my webhook project with helm.