Visual Studio 2015 Windows Application Form with SQLite

Viewed 398

I need to create an application which needs to access basic data in a database in a simple way. So I decided to use SQLite as a database manager and Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 in order to achieve my goal.

My first step was to look for some info related to link a database created in SQLite with a Visual Studio Windows Application Form. I found this very simple and easy to follow YouTube playlist named C# & SQLite. Everything was fine until I had to create a new element named ADO.NET Entity Data Model which creates a model from an existing database. EF Designer to be precise. The problem is I can't "see" the existing database.

This is odd because I can work with the database through VS2015 using an extension named SQLite/SQL Server Compact Toolbox. Right now I have this features installed:

SQLite/SQL Server Compact Toolbox:
Toolbox

My NuGet packages:
NuGet packages

I'm using .NET Framework 4.6 as you could see below:
.NET Framework version

The references in my project:
References

The second video of the previous mentioned playlist indicates to download an executable from the system.data.sqlite web. I have it installed too for .NET Framework 4.6 (the first one because I'm using x64):

system.data.sqlite executable

This is the problem I'm getting, no database is listed.
No database found

Why is this happening? I am even able to modify the database through Visual Studio.


Similar issues if interested:

0 Answers
Related