I transformed my code so that instead of requiring an extra node_modules, I could just use some HTTPS GET requests, the problem is that when I try to pipe /releases/ which is basically a raw JSON file, my code requires it back and issues occur like SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input, because for some reason, when I console.log() the so called JSON array, the end isn't completed with ] or }. So I try to pipe the response into an array, but now I get an error: dest.on isn't a function,
Code:
https.get({hostname: `api.github.com`, path: `/repos/${username}/${reponame}/releases`, headers: {'User-Agent': 'a user agent'}}, async (response) => {
var file = new Array()
response.pipe(file)
response.on('end', async function() { //issue occurs at response.pipe ???
var releases = JSON.parse(fs.readFileSync('./releases.json', 'utf8'))
console.log(releases)
The JSON file that I access from Github looks like: https://api.github.com/repos/davidmerfield/randomColor/releases (random repository)
But, my file (releases.json) looks like this
Edit: I did extensive testing. I used the same JSON file my pkg outputted, read it with fs and so on, and everything seems fine. So the issue is most likely with https / response