I am calling a POST service getOrder3 written in SpringBoot which is working fine (tested in Postman), but getting error when called via restTemplate.postForObject from another service. I tried 2 versions of the client service getOrderClient and getOrderClient2, but both are giving same error :
HttpClientErrorException$BadRequest: 400 : [no body]
Please find the details below. Any help is appreciated.
getOrder3
@PostMapping(value="/getOrder3/{month}",produces="application/json")
public ResponseEntity<OrderResponse> getOrder3(
@PathVariable("month") String month,
@RequestParam String parmRequestSource,
@RequestParam(required=false) String parmAudienceType,
@RequestBody OrderRequestForm orderRequestForm) {
OrderResponse orderResponse = new OrderResponse();
log.info("In getOrder3...parmRequestSource = " + parmRequestSource + " parmAudienceType = " + parmAudienceType);
try {
//validate JSON schema
//orderService.validateMessageAgainstJSONSchema(orderRequestForm);
//process order
orderResponse = orderService.processOrder(orderRequestForm);
orderResponse.setParmRequestSource(parmRequestSource);
orderResponse.setParmAudienceType(parmAudienceType);
orderResponse.setMonth(month);
}catch (Exception e) {
throw new OrderException("101", e.getMessage(), HttpStatus.BAD_REQUEST);
}
return new ResponseEntity<>(orderResponse,HttpStatus.OK);
}
The service is working fine , tested in postman
Now when I try to call via another microservice via restTemplate.postForObject, I get the error. Tried 2 versions of the client as below, getOrderClient and getOrderClient2
getOrderClient
@PostMapping(value="/getOrderClient/{month}",produces="application/json")
public OrderResponse getOrderClient(
@PathVariable("month") String month,
@RequestParam String parmRequestSource,
@RequestParam String parmAudienceType,
@RequestBody OrderRequestForm orderRequestForm) throws URISyntaxException, JsonProcessingException {
RestTemplate restTemplate = new RestTemplate();
URI uri = new URI("http://localhost:51001/orders/v1/getOrder/"+month+"?parmRequestSource="+parmRequestSource+"&parmAudienceType="+parmAudienceType);
HttpHeaders headers = new HttpHeaders();
headers.setContentType(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON);
String requestJson = new ObjectMapper().writeValueAsString(orderRequestForm);
HttpEntity<String> httpEntity = new HttpEntity<String>(requestJson,headers);
String response = restTemplate.postForObject(uri, httpEntity, String.class);
return new ObjectMapper().readValue(response, OrderResponse.class);
}
getOrderClient2
@PostMapping(value="/getOrderClient2/{month}",produces="application/json")
public OrderResponse getOrderClient2(
@PathVariable("month") String month,
@RequestParam String parmRequestSource,
@RequestParam String parmAudienceType,
@RequestBody OrderRequestForm orderRequestForm) throws URISyntaxException, JsonProcessingException {
RestTemplate restTemplate = new RestTemplate();
URI uri = new URI("http://localhost:51001/orders/v1/getOrder/"+month+"?parmRequestSource="+parmRequestSource+"&parmAudienceType="+parmAudienceType);
return restTemplate.postForObject(uri, orderRequestForm, OrderResponse.class);
}
Both are giving same error :
HttpClientErrorException$BadRequest: 400 : [no body]
Please suggest.
