Launching Elastic Kibana - internal server 500 error - [illegal_argument_exception] application privileges must refer to at least one resource"}

Viewed 2918

I launched Kibana in my Elastic Cloud account and see this message. Why can I not log in to my Kibana account? I restarted my deployment and see the same error.

enter image description here

If this is relevant, I should add that there is an issue with my Elastic Search. It is apparently "unhealthy". enter image description here

However, when I launch the Elastic Search instance, I get an apparently healthy response.

{
  "name" : "instance-0000000003",
  "cluster_name" : "d972<hidden for privacy>665aee2",
  "cluster_uuid" : "9IOP<hidden for privacy>iflw",
  "version" : {
    "number" : "7.5.2",
    "build_flavor" : "default",
    "build_type" : "tar",
    "build_hash" : "8bec5<hidden for privacy>580cd1afcdf",
    "build_date" : "2020-01-15T12:11:52.313576Z",
    "build_snapshot" : false,
    "lucene_version" : "8.3.0",
    "minimum_wire_compatibility_version" : "6.8.0",
    "minimum_index_compatibility_version" : "6.0.0-beta1"
  },
  "tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
}
2 Answers

If you stop the Kibana server and restart it, the default space document will be created.

You get this error if .kibana index gets deleted while Kibana is running. It seems something is removing your .kibana index, in my case it was Curator. Thus, I added these two lines in Curator's action_file.yml file under actions/1/filters:

---
actions:
  1:
    filters:
    - filtertype: kibana
      exclude: True
Related