Cant login with asp.net core Identity

Viewed 3658

So I am working on a project. Everything seems fine. I dont have any error or anything like that. But when I am trying to login into my website that I created with Identity, nothing happens. All the tables are in my database as it should be.

In the output in visual studio it says:

info: GetThingsDoneMVC.Areas.Identity.Pages.Account.RegisterModel[0] User created a new account with password.

info: GetThingsDoneMVC.Areas.Identity.Pages.Account.LoginModel[0] User logged in.

So it works. But when I try to login nothing happens. I get redirected to the home page and I still don't see that I am logged in. It still says up in the corner "Register" and "Login".

Have anyone else had this problem before? Any idea on how to fix this?

2 Answers

I also had it in the past and the problem was that I did not add @inject SignInManager<Identity> SignInManager and @inject UserManager<Identity> UserManager to the _LoginPartial.cshtml file. Also make sure that in the _ViewImports.cshtml file you have added @using Microsoft.AspNetCore.Identity and @using Myproject.Models if you have a seperate models project.

I fix the issue by going to the startup.cs and changing

services.AddDefaultIdentity(options => options.SignIn.RequireConfirmedAccount = true)

to

services.AddDefaultIdentity(options => options.SignIn.RequireConfirmedAccount = false)

Related