How can I write C++ crash errors in a file?

Viewed 50

Context:

A C++ program is at the heart of a python routine. This program seems to fail at some point but I am unable to pinpoint the error since nothing is written to my log files.

It lead me to realise that, while std::cout and std::cerr would respectively write to the stdout and stderr sterams, other errors (e.g., Floating point exception) are not written to any of these streams (please correct me if I am wrong).

Minimal working example:

Consider test.cpp

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main() { cout << "cout" << endl; cerr << "cerr" << endl; cout << 1/0 << endl; }

and compile it using g++ test.cpp -o test.

Executing the script with

./test 1> stdout 2> stderr

writes "cout" to stdout, "cerr" to stderr, as expected, but writes "Floating point exception" directly into my terminal window.

Is there a way to write this error in a file?

0 Answers
Related