How do you use tqdm when skipping iterations that were completed during a previous run (time remaining being incorrect)?

Viewed 469

My current program is designed to keep checkpoints of its progress and then skip the completed parts if it is later rerun after some interruption. I am using tqdm to show the progress of the program but when skipping iterations the estimated time remaining shown becomes under-estimated because tqdm thinks that the skipped parts were completed instead of skipped.

Is there a way to display the total number of iterations but signal that an iteration was skipped rather than completed? Basically I would like the progress bar to start out partially loaded but have the estimated time remaining showing how long it will take to complete the remaining iterations only.

PS I will consider using another progress bar instead of tqdm if there is one that supports this feature.

0 Answers
Related