Remove preconfigured VSCode buttons on touch bar

Viewed 2540

I'm trying to remove some buttons on the touch bar when using VSCode. (In my case, I'd like to keep the previous/next file buttons but to remove debugger ones.)

I saw on VSCode settings that I can remove buttons one by one: "Keyboard › Touchbar: Ignored A set of identifiers for entries in the touchbar that should not show up (for example workbench.action.navigateBack)."

However, I don't know where to find the name of the identifiers. Do you know what are the identifiers mentioned or where to find them?

Thanks for your help,

[EDIT] I finally found these identifiers. You can find them in Code => preferences => keyboard shortcuts and there are under the name of the different commands.

For information, the identifiers preconfigured are:
- workbench.action.navigateBack
- workbench.action.navigateForward
- workbench.action.debug.start
- workbench.action.debug.run

1 Answers

Remi is correct. You can disable the default vscode touchbar buttons by going to Settings => Keyboard > Touchbar: Ignored and then then adding

  • workbench.action.navigateBack
  • workbench.action.navigateForward
  • workbench.action.debug.start
  • workbench.action.debug.run

Additionally, you can use something like Nasc VSCode Touchbar to extend your touchbar.

Original post: https://stackoverflow.com/a/51146950/11842709

Related