I'm using the cordova-plugin-file to save some data image to the user's iOS phone.
saveBlobAsImageFile(folderpath, filename, blob) {
const onError = function(msg) {
// handles error
}
window.resolveLocalFileSystemURL(folderpath, function(dir) {
console.log("Access to the directory granted");
dir.getFile(filename, { create: true }, function(file) {
console.log("File created")
file.createWriter(function(fileWriter) {
fileWriter.write(blob);
console.log("Written file")
}, onError)
}, onError)
}, onError)
}
for the folderpath, I tried all of these 5 options:
let folderpath = cordova.file.syncedDataDirectory;
let folderpath1 = cordova.file.documentsDirectory;
let folderpath2 = cordova.file.dataDirectory;
let folderpath3 = cordova.file.cacheDirectory;
let folderpath4 = cordova.file.tempDirectory;
After running the function saveBlobAsImageFile, the log shows the successful writing, but when I go to Files or Library in my simulator/iPhone, I cannot found any saved file.
Update: When I run in simulator, after clicking save, I found the file saved in these folders:
file:///Users/ngoctuan001/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/2964FE69-A5FE-4516-B8F1-C45488DBE2B5/data/Containers/Data/Application/1EF9FF0C-903E-481F-87A0-9A1CEDA4DE5D/Library/Cloud/
file:///Users/ngoctuan001/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/2964FE69-A5FE-4516-B8F1-C45488DBE2B5/data/Containers/Data/Application/1EF9FF0C-903E-481F-87A0-9A1CEDA4DE5D/Documents/
file:///Users/ngoctuan001/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/2964FE69-A5FE-4516-B8F1-C45488DBE2B5/data/Containers/Data/Application/1EF9FF0C-903E-481F-87A0-9A1CEDA4DE5D/Library/NoCloud/
file:///Users/ngoctuan001/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/2964FE69-A5FE-4516-B8F1-C45488DBE2B5/data/Containers/Data/Application/1EF9FF0C-903E-481F-87A0-9A1CEDA4DE5D/Library/Caches/
However, when I go to the simulator files and library, these images are not found.
How to make dynamically generated files by the iOS Cordova APP accessible to the end user through the library?