Moving Conda Environment to a computer with no Internet Access

Viewed 390

I'm trying to reproduce an environment that I've created on my laptop with all the necessary packages to another laptop with no internet access (But Anaconda is already installed on it). I'm following the instructions form this link https://www.anaconda.com/moving-conda-environments/ which recommends to use Conda Pack in this case. I've followed the instructions as the following:

1) downloaded the conda-pack on my laptop using the command:

conda install -c conda-forge conda-pack

2) packed the environment using the following command:

conda pack -n my_env

this step produced the file my_env.tar.gz

3) I copied my_env.tar.gz to the laptop with no internet connection and used the command:

mkdir -p my_en

4) unpacked the my_env.tar.gz using the following the command:

tar -xzf my_env.tar.gz -C my_env

and here's the problem after the fourth step all that appears in the Anaconda Prompt is the following error:

tar: Damaged tar archive
tar: Retrying

and that goes forever, is there an alternative to this method to copy an environment to another offline Computer??

0 Answers
Related