The Callback URL or Verify Token couldn't be validated. Please verify the provided information or try again later

Viewed 5785

I have been following the facebook bot setup guide and have setup a callback url that is running on an EC2 instance.

I am getting an error (see title of this) when trying to validate the callback url and verify token.

https://360.finance:1337/webhook is my webhook and the verify token is the same in my environment variable and in my facebook setting.

I set up SSL using LetsEncrypt and from what I can tell, the SSL is not showing as self signed so it looks to be working correctly (please note I'm new to all of this)

Checked at https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=360.finance&hideResults=on and all looks correct.

I have also included the facebook page token as an environment variable and included in my index.js file

I have tested netcat / telnet into that port on my ec2 ip and it is succeeding

4 Answers

We need to update the following on Facebook app settings page before adding The Callback URL or Verify Token.

  1. Privacy Policy URL
  2. Category
  3. App Icon (1024*1024)

Its weird that facebook doesn't point our exact error.

You must return an http response of the hub.challenge token as a plain text.

check you callback server, if it is running or not ?

the callback and token comes from your server.

The callback URL or verify token couldn't be validated. Please verify the provided information or try again later.

Related