What is Oracle's default password for Admin accounts (SYS and SYSTEM)?

Viewed 11140

I have installed Oracle Express in my local system. What password do I need to provide to login as SYSDBA?

If I had manually installed then I would have to specify the password for SYS and SYSTEM accounts, which is obvious. I do not have admin rights to my system.

2 Answers

Additional info, If you mean Oracle XE edition, so
The default password for the HR, SYS and SYSTEM accounts is oracle

Which database version is it?

Once upon a time, default passwords were

  • system / manager
  • sys / change_on_install

See if those help.


Since 11g there aren't any default passwords so - do as follows: at the operating system command prompt (Windows in my example), logged in as user that owns Oracle software (possibly "Administrator") connect as

C:\>sqlplus / as sysdba

Once you're logged in, change those (or any other) passwords as

SQL> alter user sys identified by some_password;
Related