I'm using the following code to detect the brightly illuminated lamp. The illumination might vary. I'm using the following code to detect the same.
img = cv2.imread("input_img.jpg")
rgb = img.copy()
img_grey = cv2.cvtColor(img, cv2.COLOR_BGR2GRAY)
while True:
th3 = cv2.adaptiveThreshold(img_grey, 255, cv2.ADAPTIVE_THRESH_GAUSSIAN_C, \
cv2.THRESH_BINARY, 11, 2)
cv2.imshow("th3",th3)
edged = cv2.Canny(th3, 50, 100)
edged = cv2.dilate(edged, None, iterations=1)
edged = cv2.erode(edged, None, iterations=1)
cv2.imshow("edge", edged)
cnts = cv2.findContours(edged.copy(), cv2.RETR_TREE,
cv2.CHAIN_APPROX_SIMPLE)
cnts = imutils.grab_contours(cnts)
areaArray = []
for i, c in enumerate(cnts):
area = cv2.contourArea(c)
areaArray.append(area)
sorteddata = sorted(zip(areaArray, cnts), key=lambda x: x[0], reverse=True)
thirdlargestcontour = sorteddata[2][1]
x, y, w, h = cv2.boundingRect(thirdlargestcontour)
cv2.drawContours(rgb, thirdlargestcontour, -1, (255, 0, 0), 2)
cv2.rectangle(rgb, (x, y), (x + w, y + h), (0, 255, 0), 2)
cv2.imshow("rgb", rgb)
if cv2.waitKey(1) == 27:
break
The above code works but,
- It only gives the rectangle that encompasses the lamp. How do I get the four corner points of the lamp precisely?
- How can I improve detection? at the moment I'm picking the third-largest contour which does not guarantee that it will always be the lamp as the environment poses challenge?
ApproxPolydp works when the contour is complete but if the contour is incomplete, ApproxPolydp is not returning the proper coordinate. for instance in the following image the approxpolydp returns a wrong coordinates.




