create an internal mixed protocol loadbalancer in Azure AKS

Viewed 696

I'm trying to create an internal mixed protocol loadbalancer in Azure AKS (tried 1.15.5, 1.15.7 and 1.16.4) using this yaml:

---
apiVersion: v1
kind: Service
metadata:
  annotations:
    service.beta.kubernetes.io/azure-load-balancer-mixed-protocols: "true"
    service.beta.kubernetes.io/azure-load-balancer-internal: "true"
  name: consullb
spec:
  ports:
        - port: 8500
          targetPort: 8500
          name: http
          protocol: TCP
        - port: 8400
          targetPort: 8400
          name: rpc
          protocol: TCP
        - port: 8301
          targetPort: 8301
          name: serflan-tcp
          protocol: TCP
        - port: 8302
          targetPort: 8302
          name: serfwan-tcp
          protocol: TCP
        - port: 8300
          targetPort: 8300
          name: server
          protocol: TCP
        - port: 8600
          targetPort: 8600
          name: consuldns-tcp
          protocol: TCP
        - port: 8301
          targetPort: 8301
          name: serflan-udp
          protocol: UDP
        - port: 8302
          targetPort: 8302
          name: serfwan-udp
          protocol: UDP
        - port: 8600
          targetPort: 8600
          name: consuldns-udp
          protocol: UDP
  selector:
    component: consul-1582621245-consul    
  type: LoadBalancer

I get the following error:

cannot create an external load balancer with mix protocols

I tested two different clusters one with the Standard SKU and one with the Basic SKU.

Anything I'm missing here? Or could someone point me other aspects to try/troubleshoot?

0 Answers
Related