"Deprecation Notice" in phpMyAdmin on Centos 7

Viewed 14733

I have phpMyadmin installed in a VPS, but i have a lot of deprecation notice like:

1) Deprecation Notice in ./libraries/Util.class.php#1994. Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated

2) Deprecation Notice in ./libraries/common.inc.php#261. Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated

3) Deprecation Notice in ./libraries/url_generating.lib.php#239. Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated

4) Deprecation Notice in ./libraries/DatabaseInterface.class.php#537. Unparenthesized a ? b : c ? d : e is deprecated. Use either (a ? b : c) ? d : e or a ? b : (c ? d : e)

I have:

CentOS 7.7 PHP 7.4.3 5.5.64

How can i solve this problem?, they show up each time a page is loaded or action is performed).

2 Answers

What version of phpMyAdmin are you running? There appears to be a php compatibility issue with php7.4

I would recommend updating phpMyAdmin to the latest version compatible with with php7.4.

https://www.phpmyadmin.net/news/2020/1/8/phpmyadmin-494-and-501-are-released/

Alternatively - and I wouldn't advocate doing this in a production environment - you could suppress deprecated messages. For example you could change the error reporting setting in your php.ini to something like:

error_reporting = E_ALL ^ E_DEPRECATED

Edit the following file : config.inc.php. It can be located in /etc/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php or in /usr/share/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php

/**
 * Whether or not to query the user before sending the error report to
 * the phpMyAdmin team when a JavaScript error occurs
 *
 * Available options
 * ('ask' | 'always' | 'never')
 * default = 'ask'
 */

$cfg['SendErrorReports'] = 'never';
Related