Raspberry Pi 4b v1.1 k8s cluster USB hub power supply

Viewed 855

I'm planning on building a cluster of 5 or more rpi4b (v1.1).

Tutorial for that: Build a Raspberry Pi Cluster Computer

All is fine and dandy except for the power supply for all the units. I have no intention of having individual cords from each unit to the wall, so I thought of a USB hub power supply with multiple ports. This would also allow me to increase the unit count in the future will less hassle. Also, assume an ethernet cable and a small SSD drive connected via USB per unit. No screen or HID device connected.

What would be a good fit for running the cluster 24/7?

I thought of these:

Assuming that every USB port in the hub will be (eventually) connected and having in mind that RaspberryPi4B v1.1 specs states that it requires a 5v/3A power supply which none of these supply, what will be a good USB hub power supply? It doesn't have to be one I listed...

0 Answers
Related