I am learning C#, WPF and XAML and at this point I am targeting internationalization of the product.
I can define the string that I want to translate in Resources.resx, and I would like to be able to manipulate the strings when I use them in my XAML files. Let's make an example, supposing to have a label like this
<Label Grid.Column="0" Grid.Row="0" Content="{x:Static p:Resources.username}" />
In Resources.resx I define name username with value username and the label gets the correct value.
Suppose now that I want to display another label, but this time I want to display the text Username, with capital u. The immediate solution would be defining name Username value Username, but I am getting a duplicated resource. In other templating systems, such as in django, I can use the initial resource and and I can apply a filter to modify the string, but I am not able to achieve this in C#.
Is there a way to manypulate static resources in C# and XAML, for example to apply a converter that capitalizes the first letter of the string?