Dynamic plugins architecture. Loading jar files from a directory on Spring boot application

Viewed 973

I know this question popped up here and there but the posts about this are quite old.
I have a Spring Boot application. I have the need to allow developers develop plugins, implementing an interface and allow my application to load them dynamically on startup.
I don't need discovery on run time, loading at startup is good enough.
I don't want my clients to develop micro services. I want in process modules that will be loaded into the application.
Writing a XML file with plugins to load list is an option although I prefer simple as possible configuration and if this need can be avoided it's better. I have seen some options:

  • OSGi (Very heavy duty for my needs)
  • JPF (Last update on 2007)
  • JSPF (I can't even find a github page for this one).

I really want something quick and easy without a steep learning curve. As mentioned it should play nicely with Spring Boot. What are my options?

1 Answers
Related