We use Elastic Search and Kibana at my company. I want to create a second elastic search instance running on the same server but in a different JVM - lets call them A and B. I would like A to have an index called other_logs and B to have an index called batch. I want to be able to search both of them via a single kibana instance and set up dashboards that can read either index on either JVM. Data written to A should not be written to B and vice versa.
The reason is we have some batch jobs which depend on ES and ES has been a bit unstable causing batch job failures. The batch reads/writes very little data to ES but the rest of the app writes a ton of logs and is causing the instability. If we can't read logs its a minor issue but if the batch fails its a major issue. Hence for a short term fix while we look at the ES instability, I would like to move the batch dependencies to a new JVM (ES instance B) which should be small and more stable.
I assume I need the second ES instance to run with a different cluster name otherwise the data will get replicated. When testing this I am seeing a few exceptions so not sure if I'm going in the right direction. I'm looking at "cross-cluster search" which looks like it might allow me to keep one kibana and search both clusters but have zero experience with ES or Kibana and not much time to research this.
Any suggestions on how I can accomplish the configuration? Am I on the right path?