The automatically added help argument has option strings -h and --help. I want to keep the help argument for --help but remove -h from it, so I can use that option string for another argument.
I think there has to be a better way than to completely remove the help argument with add_help=False just to add it again with --help and action="help" immediately afterwards, right? Maybe I can modify the existing help argument's option strings?
By the way, regarding "Don't remove -h because users expect it to be an alias for --help": That's a fair argument. However, while having a quick look through my local binaries, I couldn't find any command which uses -h to show the help message other than fdisk. (That doesn't mean that there aren't a few more, of course.) Even more: Many commands use -h for something completely different, see ls, cd, df and diff to name some of them.