AWS S3 Transfer acceleration status not alterable

Viewed 329

I need to activate transfert accelerate on one of my buckets in S3, but I can't because of account limitation.

I've tried so far:

  • creating a user with IAM, gave him AdministratorAccess, create a bucket, enable transfer accelerate, got this (via the CLI):
An error occurred (AccessDenied) when calling the PutBucketAccelerateConfiguration operation: Access Denied
  • same thing via the console, same error.

  • same thing with the root account ( I guess with the root account I have all the permissions ).

S3 error

1 Answers

still relevant? if so, from the official docs:

Add a named profile for the administrator user in the AWS CLI config file. You use this profile when executing the AWS CLI commands.

[adminuser] 
aws_access_key_id = adminuser access key ID 
aws_secret_access_key = adminuser secret access key 
region = aws-region

does this work for you? aws s3 ls --profile adminuser

Related