I found this simple function that simply clears the contents of a file:
function createEmptyFile($filename)
{
//
$fp = fopen($filename, 'w');
//
fclose($fp);
}
For example, resets the log, or something else.
But I have a question whether this function is really 100% safe, that is, its behavior is uniquely determined, and the result will be as expected.
I have a strange feeling that there is a possibility that the file: may not be cleaned, or may be damaged, or filled with random data in some case.
I understand that perhaps this is all prejudice, but I would like to know exactly how right it is. In particular, I am confused by the absence of any command between opening and closing the handle.
For example, I assume that if the PHP interpreter will perform optimization, then due to the lack of a command, between opening and closing the handle, it may skip this block, or something like that.
Sorry if I create a panic in vain.