create private chat & group chat on different condition using firebase firestore in android

Viewed 3430

I have to implement chat functionality in my existing app using firebase firestore but there are 2 cases:

  1. create private chat- in this case i have the recyclerview that contain user list while i select particular user then start communication in current user & selected user.
  2. group chat- in this case i have food item list & each food item has user list who send request to that food item now i want to allow current user to create group chat by adding those user who send request to that food item.

how to achieve those thing.

1 Answers

There are many ways on how to achieve the Chat application. It will depend on how you want or prefer to develop your database and application in general.

Considering that, I would recommend you take a look at the below articles, for more information and steps on how to achieve that.

These first 3 are more related to your private chat application part, that I think should help you.

This last one, I would recommend you take a look, as it provides more information regarding creating a Group Chat application with Firestore.

Let me know if the information helped you!

Related