Work Bench Controller Not Connecting To Kie Server (Version 7.33)

Viewed 2041

My question can be thought of as an extension to

Unable Register Kie Server (No Remote Servers) in Workbench (Kie-WB 6.4.0 in WildFly 8.2.1)

The version I have is different from the one in the earlier post. So please bear with me.

After going through tens of blogs and web pages, I am finally here to hear from the experts about what I am doing wrong. I have these two war files that are deployed on Wildfly 18.0.1.Final.

  • kie-server-7.33.0.Final-ee7.war (taken from kie-server-distribution-7.33.0.Final.zip and renamed to kie-server.war)

  • business-central-7.33.0.Final-wildfly14.war (renamed to business-central.war)

I have set up the users thus (windows server):

$ add-user.bat -a -u kieserver -p kieserver1! -g kie-server

$ add-user.bat -a -u workbench -p workbench! -g admin,kie-server

I followed this blog: http://www.mastertheboss.com/jboss-jbpm/drools/getting-started-with-business-central-workbench

And getting these errors:

16:56:42,003 INFO  [org.kie.server.controller.websocket.client.WebSocketKieServerControllerImpl] 
    (KieServer-ControllerConnect) Kie Server points to non Web Socket controller 
   'http://localhost:8080/business-central/rest/controller', using default REST mechanism

   16:56:47,006 WARN  [org.kie.server.services.impl.controller.DefaultRestControllerImpl] (KieServer- 
   ControllerConnect) Exception encountered while syncing with controller at 
   http://localhost:8080/business-central/rest/controller/server/wildfly-kieserver error Read timed out

I don't see the remote server in the Workbench when I try to deploy a drools example taken from the same blog post.

Quite frankly, I am jealous of all the people having success with this kind of controller-server configuration. I could use REST using curl or something appropriate to deploy my project but I like the WorkBench so much that I would like to see if I can make it work.

The noteworthy blogpost I referred to was http://blog.athico.com/2015/10/installing-kie-server-and-workbench-on.html

Here are my JAVA_OPTS setting in standalong.conf.bat

set "JAVA_OPTS=-Xms1G -Xmx2G -XX:MetaspaceSize=96M -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=2G -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true"
set "JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dorg.kie.server.id=wildfly-kieserver -Dorg.kie.server.location=http://localhost:8080/kie-server/services/rest/server -Dorg.kie.server.controller=http://localhost:8080/kie-wb/rest/controller -Dorg.kie.server.controller.user=workbench -Dorg.kie.server.controller.pwd=workbench! -Dorg.kie.server.user=kieserver -Dorg.kie.server.pwd=kieserver1!"

It took me some time to figure out the JAVA_OPTS memory settings that won't cause outofmemory errors. Please note that I am over-riding JAVA_OPTS by launching the wildfly like so:

D:\wildfly-18.0.1.Final\bin>standalone.bat --server-config=standalone-full.xml -Dorg.kie.server.id=wildfly-kieserver -Dorg.kie.server.location=http://127.0.0.1:8080/kie-server-ee7/services/rest/server -Dorg.kie.server.controller=http://127.0.0.1:8080/business-central/rest/controller

Another thing, I have no idea what the different controllers (ee7, webc, etc.) are meant for. Having tried them, I can say I get "Forbidden" error. I am quite a novice at JBPM but not shy of Java (reading the source is another project for another day).

If I am missing something, please shoot.

1 Answers

Did these 2 things and the problem is resolved:

  1. Deleted wildfly-kieserver.xml in the Wildfly bin folder
  2. Removed .niogit in the same folder and its subdirectories

Then started the Wildfly server same as before with an extra option

-b 0.0.0.0

I don't know exactly what fixed the issue. I would like to hear from the people reading this, if any, so that I can learn something.

Thanks

Related